The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, January 7, 2013

30 in 30 - Day Seven

Pin It
My Favorite Things - 30 Paintings in 30 Days
"Setting Sun", Oil, 12" x 12"

Ah ... We have hit a milestone. That's right. We are done with our first week!
So that meas we are about 25% completed with the 30 in 30 Challenge. We all need to take a minute to stop and think about all we have learned. For me, I now know if I wait until too late in the day the stress of getting the painting done definitely impacts how much I like my finished painting. Yep ... if I am stressed I like the painting A LOT less. I have confirmed that I don't paint well under pressure. I also paint better in the early day verses evening. And I know that when I am ahead of schedule (and not stressed) then painting is fun. I absolutely love the fact that I am painting different subjects. And I like painting 6" x 6" and 12" x 12" panel sizes. Oddly enough, they take me about the same amount of time to paint.
My painting for today represents one of my favorite things ... my favorite time of the day. Sunset is a time for family gathering, it's a time for contemplation and it's a time to reflect back about how lucky we are for family, our health and the wonderful things we are able to experience every day.
So here's to week #2. Hang in there. Have fun and keep painting!






It's still not too late to sign up for the January webinARTs course
This is exactly what your art business needs for the new year. 
Use the discount code save25 to save $25.00 off the registration price.

1 comment:

Mermaid Sue said...

This is a really fun challenge Leslie! I just want to mention that this is day 7, but it's TUESDAY JAN 8. I actually got scared this morning thinking somehow I missed a day - I actually went back and counted my paintings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails